As we turn the corner from fall and head towards winter, (or are dragged kicking and screaming), I am already longing for greenery. When I can’t face the fact that we have months of cold and snow still to come, I picture myself wandering barefoot through the woods only to happen upon an intimate woodland wedding in which I am invited to stay and eat cake of course. 🙂 If you’re tying the knot, why not let nature inspire your decor? Especially if you’ll be outdoors! When I picture a natural, woodland wedding it conjures up images of a whimsical bride, soft green moss everywhere you look, and rays of sun peeking through impossibly tall trees. These weddings are fairytales come to life.
1. Hanging votives, lanterns, or strings of lights have a huge impact on your event. Lighting is important to consider whether you are having your reception in a ballroom or the middle of the forest.
2. The Verdant Stones Collar from Anthropologie would look gorgeous on the bride or bridesmaids.
3. This cake is playful and charming, woodland perfection.
4. Trees like these have been around for hundreds of years. Isn’t that in and of itself a great reason to choose to get hitched in the woods? Of course they make for an AMAZING backdrop to your ceremony too.
5. As a floral designer, I absolutely had to include this woodland themed bouquet as inspiration. It seems to have every element of the forest, including mushrooms, photography by Green Door Photography.
6. This bride is a natural beauty through and through! She is rocking a sweet little floral crown which I highly recommend if you’re going for a natural, bohemian look. As a side note, I’m obsessed with her hair color. Image found via Style Me Pretty, photography by purely chic purelychic.co.