Ipomea Floral Design (www.ipomeafloral.com) is a boutique floral studio specializing in unique floral design for weddings and events throughout Chicagoland. Working out of a private studio in Elmhurst, Ipomea works with clients on a one on one basis to create customized floral designs that reflect their personal style. We create arrangements in the same process an artist creates their painting. Using flowers as paints, each arrangement is as unique as the next.
We are looking for a floral designer to join our tight knit team. This is a part-time position with hours varying with the season (busier during wedding season in the Summer & Fall). We are looking for someone to grow with the company.
A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive in this environment. Some floral design experience is required but we are willing to train. While the majority of your work will be focused on design execution and event set up we are looking for someone who is also interested in business development. If you have floral design experience and are looking to work for a company with endless growth potential then send your resume to email@example.com
- Keep studio clean – set up and break down at start and end of work day. Responsible for general cleaning and organization of studio
- Manage supply inventory – keep accurate records of all supplies, ensuring they are clean and well organized
- Carefully receive all orders to ensure accuracy – check what was ordered vs what was received being sure to check that quality of items meets company standards
- Processes all fresh and supply orders – cleans and hydrates all florals so team is prepped and ready to begin designing. Cleans and stage all supplies needed for the event.
- Executes floral designs – efficiently and accurately executes floral designs including bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, arrangements and larger installations
- Delivers product, assists in event set up and installations – Stages supplies and designs for delivery including loading trucks, unloading at venue and setting up at the event.
Secondary Focus (added on an ongoing basis)
- Assist with social media and blogging – keep our community updated on our current work and promote the brand to prospective clients and industry partners
- Working closely with owner on design proposals – helping throughout the consultation process including answering emails, writing recipes, creating invoices, etc
- Attending networking events on behalf of the company – be the face of the company to prospective clients and industry partners alike
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Detail Oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced setting, and meet deadlines and goals.
- Startup mentality, intrinsically motivated, thrives under pressure
- Must have the ability to solve problems and interpret instructions
- Ability to work weekends
- Prior floral design experience
To apply send a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org