Like an onion, and Shrek, I am a person of many layers. Thank goodness I haven’t had to plan my own wedding because it seems like with every new bride I meet I chameleon-style develop a new favorite theme, flower, or color scheme! Having an artistic background, I do believe I have an established sense of style and my changing “new favorites” are all about my desire to fully immerse myself in some of the fabulous new trends that are sweeping through weddings across the world. That being said, the Shabby Chic gene is something I can confidently say I was born with. I recall picking out mismatched floral motif sheets and bedspreads as a 7 year old and have for years been collecting vintage china in the most wonderful pastels! Shabby Chic is perfect for the couple who wants to collect vases, tableware or any other fun items like vintage signs or mismatched chairs for your guests. You can shop for these items at flea markets, goodwill, antique shops and even your grandparent’s attic! Flowers that work well with this motif are peonies, ranunculus, chamomile, garden roses, dusty miller, stock, dahlias… truthfully the list is endless because it is all about bringing the mismatched together to create harmony! I suppose when the getting hitched time comes for me, I will have collected enough China to appropriately pull off the mismatched, whimsical and oh so fun vibe of a Shabby Chic wedding. Don’t hold me to that though- I may change my mind. 🙂
2. I seriously gush every time I look at this blush Monique Lhuillier dress.
3. This cake is precious. Ruffles are welcome here!
4. Use your invitations to introduce your theme! These are precious.
5. A sweet little bridesmaid dress like this one will keep your besties looking fabulous, but still keep the focus on you.
6. Unique china can add so much character to the decor of your event!
7. These coral charm peonies are a favorite of mine and work so well with lots of different mismatched vases! They are fluffy and feminine- perfection!